In its fifth season, celebrity podcast #NoFilterNeha, co-created by JioSaavn, South Asia’s largest audio music streaming service and Neha Dhupia’s ‘Big Girl Productions’ will lend itself to a new initiative – #NFNCares. In a partnership with Save the Children, through the Dream Accelerator Initiative which focuses on deepening the engagement with children who are empowered and taking on independent projects for social change, the new audio show will be used to bring forth young leaders. With their powerful stories and great conversation, as always, #NFNCares aims to encourage listeners to come forward and support these trailblazers.
#NFNCares focuses on bringing forth stories of young champions of change around the country. Neha will speak to children who have been champions for change in their own right, from breaking the taboo around menstruation to preventing child marriage in villages and more. JioSaavn users and fans of the show can choose to be a part of this initiative by donating to the cause, simply by tapping the #NFNCares banner on the app.
“We are thrilled to be joined by Neha and JioSaavn in our effort to give wings to children’s dreams,” said Pragya Vats, Campaign Head for Save the Children. “Our Dream Accelerator initiative engages, empowers and inspires young changemakers to impact change. It is only when we invest in them and amplify their voice that we can create a new generation of changemakers, who represent the most marginalized communities. With #NoFilterNehaCares everyone gets a chance to be a dream accelerator for India’s future leaders.”
The podcast will feature –
- Saleha, from Mumbai’s Govandi slum, who is working relentlessly to break the taboo around menstruation in the country – her story is among the 15 covered in ‘We are the Champions’ – a new book about changemakers from 11 states of India
- Shailendra, from Tonk in Rajasthan, a mild-mannered activist and child rights crusader who has been able to prevent many child marriages in his village in addition to rescuing children from child labourers. He has spoken out fearlessly against corporal punishment in schools and has been able to ecourage more children to pursure their education
- Farhana who is from a family of daily wage labourers and seasonal workers has been able to successfully team up with her children’s group to save her community from hunger during the lockdown
- Anju, from Haryana, leads Buland Udaan and has been able to enroll over 700 children in schools and stopped numerous child marriages. Anju is also credited with intervening in sexual-harassment cases and has also prevented female foeticide. She is not only a successful social activist but also a TEDx speaker.
- Azharuddin is trained in public and government advocacy and to respond to disasters in a slum community. He has been on the front lines throughout Cyclone Amphan as well as the Covid-19 crisis
Elaborating more about the initiative, Neha Dhupia said, “This initiative is our way to reflect and contribute to positive growth. Children are the future and their young minds are fresh at work and can do wonders for the better of tomorrow. We believe that by associating with Save the Children’s Dream Accelerator Initiative, we are doing our bit to hoist these young voices towards their destination. I urge the audience, who has been a strong support of #NoFilterNeha throughout these 5 seasons, to do their bit and work towards a woke future together. Rest assured that #NoFilterNeha will keep the no filter meter in check!”
“At JioSaavn we hope to play our role in bringing hopeful and unique voices and stories to millions of our users. With #NFNCares, the conversations bring to focus the personal undertakings of five young champions and harbingers for social change in our country. We are pleased to work alongside Neha and Save the Children on this unique initiative”, added Lizel Noronha, Lead – Communications & Sustainability at JioSaavn.
Save the Children (www.savethechildren.in) works in 12 states of India and 120 countries around the world. Audiences can choose to be a part of this initiative by donating to the cause, simply by tapping on the banner on the app.
Tune in to #NoFilterNeha Season 5 only on JioSaavn: NFN Cares
Save The Children –https://support.savethechildren.in/support-dreams/